Pick up at hotel at 7:30
1,5 hours ride to the point of destination – Raiskums village, vicinity of Cesis, (Riga 87 km)
Short hike to the introduction point: Green lodge – well equipped forest campsite. Fresh morning tea, coffee, refreshments.
- The story of Letts – who are Latvians and where do we come from?
- castrum Sotekele – the most striking fortification of Gauja upper valley
- message on the Cliff – hike to encounter the most precious pictographic monument in the region.
- tea stop on the riverside.
- Intrigue unsolved – a trail of the most decisive battle (1578) in the fatal Livonian war – history behind the forest
- drive to Cesis, free time for lunch
- Cesis historical town and Medieval castle tour
- drive back to the initial point of departure
Hiking difficulty: low
hiking distance covered: 5 km
Approximate time of event: 5-6 hours
walking shoes requested. walking sticks provided. drinking water provided. terrain – rough, environment – forest and urban